March 17, 2010

SPRING IS IN THE AIR!!!

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

I hope you all had a green filled day today! It's just not quite the same when you are no longer a kid anymore. No green breakfast when you wake up. No green milk. Nobody really pinches when you don't wear green unless you are in grade school. ;) I love holidays! I'm always wanting to wear the festive colors for that certain holiday. Halloween though, I wish we could all just wear black and orange and call it good! haha But that's not really how the world works. Oh well! Today was a good day for me! Sporting my green attire, I went to work bearing sugar cookies! I came home and made dinner for me and my parents. Well more like breakfast for dinner. I was so bummed about not getting green pancakes that I had to make it myself. But instead of pancakes we had french toast!! I did most of them regular and then a few green for me(just in case they didn't turn out)! They did turn out and it was yummy! It makes me quite excited to do things like that for my kids when they come around! I hope they will love it as much as i do!

Well I haven't been on here for a while, so I thought I would update. 3 weeks yesterday I had surgery getting a reduction. It's been quite the healing process, but the more and more I heal, and able to get back on my feet, the more and more I start loving my decision of getting the surgery done. It certainly has been so nice!! Very weird to adjust to it, but it's been great! I've finally started sleeping again, so I'm getting my energy back! The surgery went great and the doctor said I'm healing well and all will be well if I be careful in lifting things and my movements. So now that I've taken care of my top half, I'm starting to work on my middle! ;) I can't do a whole lot, mostly just walk. But eventually I will be back to running and working out.

Right now I'm just trying to get my strength back and legs working again so that in the first week of April, when me and my parents go to Bryce Canyon, I will be able to go on hikes with them and not get tired fast. You never realize how much you use parts of your body until you can't really use them or move cause it hurts to. It's amazing! haha

So now as I'm healing, I've been working on my plans for this fall. I will be returning to school!! I'm quite excited about that! I will feel more accomplished having something else to do besides work everyday. I'm going to Utah Valley University. I will be starting that in August. So I finally have something else to look forward to!

This wonderful weather has lifted my spirits a whole bunch! I love the nice weather. I don't like, however, that I have to stay inside all day long due to work. But that is the nice part about working so close to home, that after work is over, it's still light outside so I can walk home! It's just marvelous!!

SPRING IS HERE!!! Let's hope it stays, ya??

2 comments:

Joshua said...

You're going back to school?!!! Woohoooo! We're 100% with you all the way. Go get 'em.

Robert and Sandy Kidd said...

Wonderful post. I'm so glad that you are feeling better and up to doing some fun things with your parents. The rest of our kids have abandoned us, so it is up to you to humor your parents and do things that they like to do. Sorry!