Well, we are home, and I'm relaxing and thought I would put on here my exciting Spring Break vacation! What a week it was too! I guess you could have called it my celebration for being "fully healed"! haha Tuesday was my 6 week mark, and that's what they say it takes. But let me tell you....they are just saying that! ;) It definitely takes longer. But I guess what I did this week, doesn't really help my case a whole bunch. Cause MAN I'M SORE! I'm loving it though! It was such a good accomplishment for me! So here we go!
We left Friday after we(Mom, Dad, and I) all got off work. Traveled down to St. George to spend Easter with my Dad's family! It was so nice to see some of them down there that we don't usually see that often. Saturday we had our little Easter Egg Hunt, then went to the Art Festival St. George throws every year! It was really cool. Then after that some of us went up to the narrows and climbed the rocks for a while, and took some pictures. Sunday after breakfast we got back in the truck and went our way to Bryce Canyon. When we got there, there was snow on the ground and it was cold. We went and checked out Bryce's for a bit, and the wind was freezing so we didn't stay very long. But Monday was a good day, a tad cold, but after hiking all day we warmed up quick. We went on a trail down to the Queens Garden. It took us about 3 miles to hike the loop. I was exhausted after that....just 3 miles. We then took a ride around Bryce's and checked out most of the scenic areas when it started snowing. So come Tuesday morning we had about 2 inches on the ground. Yet we still went and did some hiking....try not to slide on the snow and right off the cliff. ;) After our little adventure, we packed up and drove to Calf Creek(back in the desert with no snow). We hiked up a trail called Lower Calf Creek on Wednesday and that was a 6 mile hike round trip! That did me in for Wednesday! After that hike we packed up and drove to Goblin Valley! On our way there we had to drive through snow, but Goblin Valley is in the middle of no where with no snow, and all desert! We couldn't make up our minds on the weather!! So all day Thursday(Dad's Birthday) we went on a hike up a slot canyon called Little Wild Horse Canyon. That was so fun, and challenging!!! I had to use my arms and legs a lot to climb over these rocks and water puddles. It's amazing i could do it. I sure feel it today, but it's a great accomplishment for me to have been able to do that 6 weeks after surgery. Anyway, that hike was probably about 6 miles or so. After, we went and walked around all the little rock structures that are called the little Goblin's. It was cool. So here I am on Friday.
It was hard to adjust from desert to snow to desert to snow to desert. But it was a lot of fun. It's was cool to see all the different type of rocks and dirt Utah has, the different climates, plants, everything. So very interesting! But it was fun while it lasted. Now i'm off to hopefully a recuperating weekend, and then back to work i go!
Hope you all had a good Easter and Spring Break wherever you were!
2 comments:
Glad you have a great time. You were in a beautiful part of Utah. Welcome home.
GUess what? I finally read it! Sounds like it was a good trip girl! I am glad you wrote about it.
Post a Comment