March 15, 2012

Spring is here!

Well hopefully it is here! Sure looks like it has been, but I do know that a storm is coming this weekend. So we will see! So it's been a while since i've posted but it seams like I say that all the time! I really just don't have a whole lot to say so I make sure I have a few months behind me so I have things to say to catch up! ;)

So since spring is here, it's time to start signing up for all the races! And yes...I have signed up for TWO races! But they are not normal races! I've joined a group with my work to do these! I think I might just be crazy or something, but I'm excited cause that just means that I'm doing something active and getting involved with those I work with. So the first one, which is on April 28th, is called Color Me Rad. It's a 5K race at UVU, but not timed so that will be good. The second one is on June 2nd and it's called The Dirty Dash. That one isn't timed either. Go watch the videos at www.colormerad.com and www.thedirtydash.com and you will understand why they aren't timed! :) I'm just excited to be out doing something. You might think I'm crazy with these types of races but I'm excited to get "dirty"! ;)

But now since i've been running almost everyday....I'm getting major shin splints and calf cramps. It seriously is so annoying! I'm trying to not get discouraged, and I'm trying to find ways to stretch them out so it doesn't hurt to run, but maybe I just need to try harder. I really hope I will be ready by the end of April!

But besides the races(you know, trying to be in shape like my sister Amanda), I have another sister, Angie, that I'm trying to be like too. She said that she got a white envelope in the mail and her husband laughed at her. Well sis...I got one too! I've been summoned for Jury Selection and maybe even Jury Duty. That will be at the end of this month so we will see what happens. A lot of people hate jury duty or are sad when they get that "awesome" letter in the mail, but as I've been thinking about it...I've always wanted to know what it would be like to be on a jury. But it's kind of intimidating for a little 24 year old to be on a jury to decide someone's fate. But I'm intrigued and I wouldn't mind for my first time to be apart of it. We will just have to wait and see! :)

Other than that I'm still just working and laughing at all the cute/funny little kids that come in everyday and staying busy with my callings! Until next time!

2 comments:

Tyson and Angela said...

Well, isn't that ironic that you got the fun letter too!! :) My date is March 21st. I actually need to make sure I get out of it now because I have to go to Vegas the next week. However, I am bummed because I really wanted to be on a jury...it would be VERY interesting, like you said. Keep me posted on what happens with your's. :) Glad you are staying active and finding opportunities to get out in your community and do fun things like these races. One of these days I will do one of those! Good luck siter!! Love you!

Joshua said...

So the Book of Mormon challenge time on the your widget is out of time. How did things work out for you?