Work is going good still! I'm loving it. Ya there is still that one lady that drives me crazy, but you always have to have at least one right?
My callings are stressful. I just talked to one of my bishopric members about it this morning. It's been really hard having my sports calling. I don't know why I can't just have my Visiting Teaching calling that I love and worry only about that one. But I have to split my focus to two completely different things and make sure both go smoothly. It's just quite stressful. It's going to be crazy this summer with all the new people coming into our ward to make sure everyone has vt teachers and someone to visit teach. And then make sure we have fun sports to play every wednesday night for everyone. We will see what happens!
Other than that, my running is slowly coming along. No matter how long or hard I stretch, I still get pain in my calfs and occasionally shin splints. I still can't run very far without stopping for a bit and stretching or doing something else then go back to running. My first race is coming up soon and I really hope I can do it. I know I won't be running the whole time, but my biggest accomplishment for me right now would just to run a full 3 miles without stopping or walking. I really hope I can get there soon, cause it's stressing me out that I can barely even run a full 10 min. How sad is that? Pretty sad if you ask me.
2 comments:
Oh my dear Jessica! I think you have inherited the stress genes! :) And, if you are like me, you want to do everything right and the best you can...so I can see how you are stressed with your callings. Just hang in there and have fun with your callings, they aren't to be there for stress.
Keep up the good work on running. I can only run...maybe a few minutes before having to stop, so baby steps and you will be fine! Love you!
I second Angela's comment. Jessica, you are doing great. I commend your effort in trying to improve. You know, this past year, we've been able to finally get the habit of reading BOM every night as a family. That seems to be even more difficult than individually. But, what worked for us is setting the time....then just go and do it...no matter what. I find it easiest for me when I'm eating breakfast in the morning to pull out my scriptures and read. Can't do it on a PDA because its too easy to do something else. Keep trying!
Post a Comment