January 21, 2009

Listening

Well I've come to realize that in my group of friends that i have....I'm the one they come to talk to. Mostly about their guy problems or stories. I love to listen to them and I'm always there for them...but when they always come for advice on what to do....it makes me wonder. I've had guys come up to me to get advice for one of my friends. It's never for me, just for others. Weird i know! ;D It's like they think I'm all knowing on relationships and what to do to talk to someone or ask someone on a date. I think it's quite funny...seeing how I've never dated anyone or have had any of this experience. But i sure do learn a lot from everyone. So now when someone comes up to me and asks for advice, i just tell them what i would do, but i really don't know what i would do, cause i have never done it! Why do they do that? It's been happening a lot lately and it just makes me laugh. I just don't get it. I don't think i really help all that much, all i really do is listen and they talk, but i really don't know what to say to them. It's hard sometimes, cause i really want to help them out, but i don't think i really do with my non-experienced answers.

Anyway, besides that(sorry just had to get that off my chest) I finally found out that i will be moving to the Highland Office for my work. I'm quite excited. Some things about it will drive me crazy, but i will just have to live through it! It will save me tons of gas...cause it's just 2 min. away from my house! I could ride my bike to work too! It's just that close. I start there on Friday and we officially open on Monday...hopefully if we get everything situated on Friday! So I'm off to my next adventure. Lets hope it goes well! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

People like to talk to ya cuz you're such a good friend and they know you care about them :) sometimes all they need is someone to listen so thats great that you'll do that for them, you're a sweetheart! That is awesome about switching offices, that'll be nice to ride your bike to work!

Marlin, Becky & Josh said...

Don't go griping about your friends who come complaining to you, just be grateful you have friends and that they are comfortable enough with you to talk to you about these things. Take all of the questions that they are asking you and store them in your head. One of these days the man who's gonna knock you off your feet will be right there in front of you! Hope things are going well for you in your new location! Jobs are VERY handy to have these days! Happy Valentines Day!